About the Installer
The installer will do the following things:
- • Check which directory Total Annihilation is currently installed in. If you have two TotalA.exe's on your C: drive you may need to manually set the path.
- • Attempt to detect if you have the TA mp3's installed in the music directory. If they aren't detected, or located in a different path, it will set in the taesc.ini MP3Player to 0. For Mayhem nothing is currently done.
- • Detect whether you are running Windows 7, Windows 10, or if this is running in Wine on Mac.
- • Check for ddraw and dplay.dlls in the TA directory. If found they are renamed as these files will cause incompatibilities.
- • If you are running Windows 10 it will install the aqrit.cfg and pdraw.dll files. These are used in order to provide a more compatible Windows 10 experience.
- • If you are running TA on Mac it will install the edraw.dll that fixes megamap for Mac and Linux. Courtesy of Thaldren.
- • Registry keys for the TA demo recorder as well as for each mod. These are minimal and mostly provide the correct path and minimum resolution for each component to work properly.
- • Copy the TotalA.exe version 3.1.0 to TotalAOrig.exe if detected. Always manually backup if your installation is not detected correctly.
- • Lastly, it will install all the TA mod files needed to play.